London Office (home based during Covid-19)
Due to our growing portfolio of events, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Conference Producer to join Waterfront Conference Company (a division of Freshwater UK), specialising in conferences, events and training for the transport, planning, ports and infrastructure sectors.
The Conference Producer will be responsible for assisting in the production of virtual or hybrid conferences and generating new conference topics through desk and market research. The successful applicant will be trained in how to produce B2B conferences, will have the opportunity to manage events budgets and develop skills in project management. Key requirements for the job include excellent research and writing skills, strong communications skills and tenacity, attention to detail, and a strong sense of initiative. The successful applicant will need excellent organisation and time management skills, as they will be working to tight deadlines.
This is a varied, creative and challenging role. As well as producing conferences, the post-holder will attend the conferences to support the Event Manager at the virtual events by helping to look after conference speakers.
The role will involve intensive telephone research of topics with relevant executives. The Conference Producer will develop strong industry relationships and will be required to source conference speakers and build advisory boards; in addition to collecting and reviewing feedback on the conferences.
Reporting directly to the Director of Waterfront Conference Company, the Conference Producer Intern will be part of a team of 8, which is busy, dynamic and rapidly growing.
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent communicator with good negotiation skills
- A passion for research and writing
- Interest in current affairs, policy and industry
- Project management skills
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, any sales/bookings databases
- Networking skills
- Good problem solver with strong sense of initiative
- Proven ability to project manage effectively and meet set targets
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organisation and time-management skills
Closing date is Friday 15th October 2021.