Competitive salary & OTE bonus
If you are passionate about converting a sale and love a challenge, then we would like to hear from you. An opportunity has arisen for a Delegate Sales Executive to join Waterfront Conference Company, a fast-growing events business based in London and Cardiff, specialising in conferences and training for the transport, planning, ports and energy sectors.
As a Delegate Sales Executive you will play a significant role in the success of the business, selling delegate places across Waterfront’s diverse portfolio of conferences. Using the telephone as your primary medium, you will build a pipeline of attendees from leads provided as well as contacts you will source yourself, closing sales and achieving targets in line with agreed objectives.
The key requirements for the job include a proven ability to sell products and/or services, either face-to-face or over the phone. Patience, tenacity, initiative and first rate communication skills are also essential. However, the successful candidate will possess not only excellent sales skills, but also the sensitivity to serve as an excellent ambassador for the Waterfront brand, knowing when to up-sell, cross-sell, close the deal, or simply when to move on.
Reporting directly to the Director of Conferences, who is based in London, the Delegate Sales Executive (based in Cardiff) is part of a team of 8, which is busy, dynamic and growing rapidly.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to A level or equivalent (bachelor’s degree level desirable)
- Possess excellent sales and customer service skills
- Be an excellent communicator with good negotiation skills
- Possess strong IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel (ideally also sales/booking databases such as Salesforce)
- Be a great networker and team player
- Be good at problem solving with a strong sense of initiative
- Have experience of working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong organisational and time management skills
At Freshwater you can enjoy:
- A competitive package
- Annual reviews and talent planning
- Excellent reward and recognition
- Paid annual membership of a relevant industry body e.g. CIM or CIPR
- Opportunities to travel between our Cardiff and London offices
- Casual Fridays dress code
Freshwater UK aims to be an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified or eligible people regardless of gender, race, sexuality, religion, age or disability.
Closing date for applications: Midday Friday 25th October 2019
(Previous applicants need not apply)
If you’re interested in becoming part of the Freshwater team, give us your top three qualities that would make you a great fit. Don’t forget to attach your CV.