Marketing Assistant Internship – London/remote working
LIVING WAGE FOUNDATION APPROVED SALARY
12 months initially with permanent opportunities longer-term
Waterfront Conference Company is a leading provider of conferences, events and training for senior professionals and decision makers from across our specialist areas which include planning and infrastructure, rail, ports and maritime, and energy. Waterfront Conference Company is part of Freshwater, a leading integrated communications consultancy.
We are looking for a person with a passion for marketing and events to join our team as an intern for a 12-month period initially, with the potential of longer-term or permanent employment opportunities for the right candidate.
The role will include marketing our events, taking specific ownership of email marketing, social media and marketing administration. You will assist the Marketing Manager in an administrative role supporting the work required, to effectively market Conferences and Training courses/events, helping to conduct all conference related marketing and delivering conferences and providing support to the Waterfront division.
- Conducting email marketing campaigns (writing engaging copy, using the email marketing software system to design campaigns, and analysing their performance).
- Sourcing and negotiating with endorsers and media partners.
- Maintaining the company website, promptly and accurately.
- Maintaining and helping to build the contact database.
- Liaising with speakers, sponsors and venues to help increase marketing reach.
- Assisting the sales function with data research and lead generation.
- Preparing events and helping to run them.
- Administration support for the conference team.
- Processing conference bookings and handling delegate enquiries over the phone.
- Excellent communication skills
- Marketing experience
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Experience in email marketing and organic social media
- Working knowledge of social media, including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of different marketing disciplines and of different business sectors
- Ability to use initiative and be proactive
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client/delegate servicing skills
The candidate will, ideally, be a recent graduate with some experience of, and seeking to pursue a career in, marketing and conference events.
Freshwater is an Equal Opportunities employer and we always welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply for our vacancies. If you need this information in Braille or large print, please contact our HR department on 02920 545383.
The closing date for all applications is Friday 15th October 2021. Interviews will be held week commencing 18th October 2021.