Farringdon, London or Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff – Working from home during Covid
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Manager to join Waterfront Conference Company, a fast-growing London-based conference company specialising in conferences and training for the transport, planning, ports and energy sectors.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing marketing for the conference division, growing the profitability of Waterfront’s events, in line with divisional targets, with a specific focus on driving delegate revenue. Responsibility for the creation and implementation of marketing and delegate acquisition strategies for each conference, across all marketing channels is an integral element of the role. This role will involve working on virtual, hybrid and in person conferences.
The role also includes responsibility for tracking, analysing and reporting on campaign performance and plays a lead role in shaping the strategy for both delegate acquisition and lead generation for sponsorship sales. Key area of responsibility will include email marketing, website and CRM management, data build, social media, content and PPC management. Also working with partnerships, supporting the sales function and other paid advertising.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in marketing
- In depth conference sector knowledge and the process and procedures in conference marketing
- Experience of working in conference marketing and running conference campaigns in a similar role
- Knowledge of up to date social media sites and how to implement relevant social media strategies
- Experience of content marketing
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft office suite and Excel
- Excellent database build and management skills
- People management experience
- Experience of managing website marketing content
- Strategy development experience – in particular marketing and brand.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Problem solving skills and ability to use initiative.
As an employee you can enjoy:
- A competitive package — salary and pension scheme
- Annual and mid-year performance reviews with structured career trajectory mapped for talented employees
- Excellent holiday entitlement — up to 26 days’ holiday per annum, plus bank holidays and flexible working over the Christmas and New Year period
- Commitment to CPD — a generous training budget, a leadership and management programme and funding for Welsh language lessons, professional qualifications and support masters
- Membership – fully paid annual membership of a relevant industry body e.g. CIM or CIPR
- Flexible working — as a caring employer we work to the needs of our clients and our people, adapting working times if needed
- Casual Fridays dress code — we encourage casual dress on a Friday (with formal office attire for meetings and pitches)
- Annual full team away days and paid-for networking events at sports and entertainment events throughout the UK
If you’re a brilliant team player, but with the ability to work under your own initiative; if you’re looking for a role that will challenge, excite and inspire you, and if you have dedication and a passion for working in the PR arena, then get in touch today for a job description and application form.
We are an equal opportunities and Living Wage employer.
Closing date: Friday 8th October 2021