AT A GLANCE
Following the completion of a marketing audit, Freshwater has delivered the firm’s end-to-end marketing and communications service for more than a decade.
Maintained 10+ year-long relationship
Secured and retained the highest online visibility among the firm’s key competitors
Generated 911 pieces of coverage in a single year
Provide a fully outsourced marketing function across all channels, including strategy management and campaign planning, public relations, digital marketing, website management, SEO and content creation, creative design, multimedia content production, and social media marketing.
Freshwater’s legal marketing specialists developed insights-led, annual strategies to transform Thompsons Solicitors’ marketing to raise brand profile, drive case enquiries and grow market share.
In the face of multiple legislative changes, including amendments to conditional fee agreements, the introduction of success fee caps and the launch of the claims portal, access to justice has become far more restricted, resulting in fewer people making claims.
Freshwater developed a strategy to respond to these changes, as well as periods of national disruption, such as Brexit and the pandemic.
Initially, we conducted a strategic marketing analysis including a comprehensive audit of the firm’s marketing channels and outputs. Following this analysis, Freshwater was asked to take on the fully outsourced marketing function for the firm, including key services such as strategy management, campaign planning, public relations, digital marketing, website management, SEO, content creation, creative design, multimedia content production, and social media marketing.
We devised and delivered a data-led marketing strategy that enabled Thompsons to stand out in a continuously changing and increasingly competitive personal injury market.
In order to maximise return-on-investment, marketing activity was segmented by the firm’s two key audiences, private clients and trade union members, with dedicated budgets and tailored plans for each.
To meet the firm’s primary objective of driving case enquiries, we developed and maintained a high-performing, case capture-focused website. This was accompanied by sophisticated onsite and paid strategies to continually improve the site’s visibility in major search engines, and drive quality traffic and conversions.
We also worked closely with the firm’s specialist legal teams to devise high-impact campaigns designed to increase profile in key national, regional and trade media. These campaigns built trust and authority in the Thompsons’ brand and achieved cut through in a saturated personal injury environment by communicating the firm’s key messages and USPs.
The firm became ‘go to’ commentators on major national news stories for medical negligence, employment rights and employers’ liability cases. We delivered media training to key spokespeople and widespread media coverage and viral social content was achieved for the firm’s involvement in nationally significant cases including its support for victims of jailed breast surgeon Ian Paterson, the illegal sacking of 800 P&O staff, and Tesco ‘fire and rehire’ scandal.
Following Thompsons’ centenary, a brand evolution was devised to introduce a new suite of impactful fonts, colours and key messages to further enhance the profile and reputation of the firm amongst new and existing clients and stakeholders.
Throughout our partnership, Freshwater has:
- Enhanced insights, analysing and presenting detailed website and marketing figures directly aligned with the firm’s business intelligence data.
- Developed and maintained a fully optimised, high-converting website, ensuring stability through multiple Google algorithm updates, enhancing user experience, and increasing visibility via optimised onsite content and outreach activity.
- Managed a full-service press office function serving the firm’s UK-wide network of offices to deliver profile-raising press and media campaigns in local, regional, national and trade broadcast, print and online publications.
- Supported the firm’s clients to share their stories sensitively with the media, and arranged press conferences.
- Handled the firm’s reputation management by delivering media training for senior lawyers to confidently communicate key messages during press interviews.
- Produced on and offline content, comprising case studies, legal guides, commentary and editorial articles, emails, printed literature and advertising, and multimedia content.
- Managed an annual advertising schedule, delivering creatives and core messaging to engage key audience groups.
- Implemented sophisticated PPC, Display and paid social media campaigns to support the digital marketing strategy.
- Managed and grown the firm’s social media presence, producing weekly content plans and developing reactive content to topical issues and the news agenda.
- Managed a full-service design studio, ensuring continuity of the brand and strict version control across hundreds of pieces of literature.